Kitchen fire in a Gillingham home
Kent firefighters have attended a kitchen fire in a home on Balmoral Road in Gillingham. It's believed to have started accidentally, and is thought cooking had been left unattended on the hob. Luckily for the residents they were alerted by their smoke alarm and were able to safely evacuate from the house. Firefighters arrived and removed a pan on the hob. Using breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet the crews extinguished the fire which had spread to the extractor fan and some of the kitchen units. Nobody was injured in the fire.