Bathroom fire in Hythe home.
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a house fire in Castle Road in Saltwood, Hythe. Five fire engines and a height vehicle attended and crews discovered the fire in a bathroom, believed to have started in an overheated light fitting. The fire spread into the loft space and voids within the walls, and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet and main jet to attack the fire, as well as fog spikes which stab through walls and spray water into a space. Once the fire was out, crews stripped some of the roof tiles to check for any remaining hotspots.
Correction: One man suffered the effects of smoke inhalation.
Special and Support vehicles