Bedroom fire in Sevenoaks
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a bedroom fire in a bungalow in Bayham Road, Sevenoaks. Crews arrived on scene in under four minutes and found a man in his late 60s out of the property with minor head burns and suffering from smoke inhalation. Crews administered first aid to the man and he was transferred into the care of paramedics. There were no other injuries. Using breathing apparatus and hose reel jets the fire was extinguished. The bedroom and hallway suffered extensive fire, smoke and water damage. The rest of the property suffered smoke damage. The fire is believed to have started accidentally by a heater falling over in the bedroom.