Man suffers smoke inhalation following house fire near Folkestone
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to Blenheim Drive, Hawkinge near Folkestone to reports of a house fire. Two fire engines attended and crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire which started in the kitchen and spread to the living room. The fire is believed to have started due to an electrical fault. A man suffering with the effects of smoke inhalation was taken to hospital by SECAmb paramedics.