Man taken to hospital with burns following house fire in Ramsgate
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to Central Road, Ramsgate, to reports of a fire in the roof of a bungalow. Three fire engines attended and crews used a fog spike, which stabs through walls and sprays water inside, as well as a hose reel jet, to extinguish the fire. A hydrant was used for water supply. The roof was 100% destroyed by fire and the rest of the home was smoke and heat damaged.
A man went to hospital suffering burns, and the fire is believed to have started due to overheated electrical equipment in the loft space.