Bungalow fire near Sheerness
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to Rosemary Avenue in Minster on Sea, near Sheerness, to reports of a bungalow fire. Three fire engines attended and crews wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reel jets to tackle the fire in the roof, which was severely damaged by the blaze.
The occupants were outside on arrival with no reported injuries. The fire is believed to have started accidentally, after the warm remnants of a log burner was disposed of in a wheelie bin, catching it alight. Flames spread from the bin, to a fence and then to the roof of the property.
Following this incident, firefighters are reminding people to make sure log burner or fire remnants is completely cooled before being disposed of.
Minster on Sea