Serious fire in flat - Rochester
KFRS was called by a home monitoring service at 4.03pm on Sunday 24 March 2019 to reports of a fire in a flat in sheltered accommodation in Sovereign Court, Rochester.
Upon arrival, the property was found to be full of smoke. Fire crews quickly deployed a search team wearing breathing apparatus as further information suggested that the occupant was still inside the property.
Firefighters worked swiftly to clear smoke and fumes from the property using a positive pressure ventilation fan.
One male casualty was discovered by the rescue team but sadly was found to be deceased by paramedics from the South East Coast Ambulance Service.
Enquiries into the circumstances of the incident are in progress with KFRS fire investigators and Kent Police. There are no reports of any other injuries.