Chimney fire in Cranbrook
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a chimney fire in Goudhurst Road, Cranbrook. Fire crews used chimney gear and a hose reel jet to tackle the fire and a height vehicle was also needed as a safe platform to gain access to the chimney, enabling firefighting at the stack level. The fire in the chimney caused the liner to overheat which set alight board games and floorboards in a cupboard. This set off the smoke detectors which raised the alarm.
Firefighters are encouraging people with chimneys in their homes and businesses to make sure they have them regularly maintained and swept. There is some good advice on chimney safety on the KFRS website - search 'KFRS Chimney' online or call our Home Safety team on 0800 923 7000.
Special and Support vehicles
- Height vehicle
- Bulk water carrier