Kitchen fire in commercial property
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a kitchen fire in a commercial property near College Road in Sittingbourne. Two fire engines were sent to the scene and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze using a high-pressure hose reel jet. The cause of fire was accidental and believed to have started due to a build-up of grease. There were no reported casualties and the property was evacuated safely prior to arrival.
Following the incident, firefighters are highlighting the importance of keeping the cooker, grill and oven clean to avoid a build-up of any grease or fat, which can increase the risk of a fire.