Man treated for burns following shed fire in Ashford
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to an incident where a man suffered minor burns to his arms and face during a fire involving a shed and fences in the back garden of a property in Yew Close, Ashford. Firefighters arrived to find a shed and several fences well alight. Using a hose reel jet the fire was extinguished but completely destroyed the shed and fences and caused damage to windows and guttering of a house and damage to fences belonging to neighbouring properties. Firefighters treated the man's burns under cool running water for at least 20 minutes. The cause is believed to have been accidental and thought to have started by a discarded cigarette that was still alight.