Woman suffers burns in small kitchen fire - Margate
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a kitchen fire in a flat in Royal Crescent. On arrival crews found the fire had been extinguished by the occupant, a woman in her mid 20s who was suffering from smoke inhalation. The woman used a bucket of water to tackle the small fire in her kitchen bin, as a result she suffered burns to her hands. Crews administered first aid and then placed her in the care of the paramedics. Firefighters dampened down in the kitchen area of the flat on the first floor of the two storey building. They used a ventilation fan to clear the smoke. Crews carried out a home safety visit and offered fire safety advice. Its believed the fire was accidental.
Start date and time
Stop date and time
Positive pressure ventilation fan,First aid kit
- South East Coast Ambulance Service (SECAmb)