News release text
Crews are reminding residents not to leave cooking unattended following a kitchen fire in a Tonbridge last night.
Two appliances were sent to Speyside shortly before 9:15pm after a saucepan overheated on the hob and caught alight. The resident, who had left the kitchen, thankfully heard the smoke alarm sounding and called the emergency services.
On arrival firefighters entered the smoke logged flat and took the pan away from the heat, while removing the smoke using a positive pressure ventilation fan.
Both the saucepan and hob sustained fire damage.
Tonbridge Crew Manager, Martin Westbrook, said: “There are some important safety messages to come following this fire; firstly never leave cooking unattended. If you leave the room, turn the heat off. Secondly, fit working smoke alarms on every floor of your home and test them regularly. They will give you the early warning needed to escape in the event of fire in your home.”