Is my emergency evacuation plan suitable and sufficient?
According to Article 15 (1a & b) Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005:
The responsible person must:
* Establish and, where necessary, give effect to appropriate procedures, including: safety drills, to
be followed in the event of serious and imminent danger to relevant persons:
* Nominate a sufficient number of competent persons to implement those procedures in so far as they relate to the evacuation of relevant persons from the premises.
For further guidance please read from pages 68 – 72 of the Government guidelines from the Fire Safety Risk Assessment (Residential Care Premises):
• Single stage evacuation - page 68
• Progressive horizontal evacuation - page 68
• Delayed evacuation - page 71
• Suitability of escape routes - page 71
• Number and type of people using the premises - page 71
• Staff numbers - page 72