Kent Fire & Rescue Service
Home > Your safety > Business safety > Safer Living > Specialised Housing provider?

Specialised Housing provider or manager?

Safer Living home page banner

Free email advice and information

Sign up for free email alerts and information about keeping your premises compliant with regulations and safe for your residents and staff.

Free seminars

Sign up for one of our free seminars for find out more about fire safety in specialised housing.


Are you aware that fire safety for Specialised Housing is regulated by the Fire Authority and Local Authority?

Find out more about your fire safety responsibilities.

You can find further information on Specialised Housing on the Elderly Accommodation Counsel website

Top tips for businesses

Here are some top tips for preparing and dealing with an emergency at your business premises.

Take some time to look through these frequently asked questions that you may find helpful:

Sorry, no matching records were found

Further ways you can help your residents stay safe in their homes:

Did you know you that your residents might be eligible for individual free KFRS safe and well visit? 

If they're not eligible for a Safe and Well Visit, did you know there are extra steps they can take to help keep themselves safe?

There is a selection of fire safety aids available to buy that can help individuals stay safe and independent, including:   

  • Smoke alarms with warning lights and vibrating pads for the deaf or hard-of-hearing
  • Fire-resistant sheets and pillowcases
  • Remote smoking ashtrays
  • Automatic shut-off switches for ovens and hobs
  • Electrical socket guards
  • External post boxes
  • Key safes.

Sign up to receive free email advice and information about keeping your residents and staff safe

Top tips

Connect with us
  • Facebook icon
  • Twitter icon
  • YouTube icon
  • Flickr icon
  • GovDelivery icon
  • Instagram icon
  • Facebook icon
  • Twitter icon
  • YouTube icon
  • Flickr icon
  • GovDelivery icon
  • Instagram icon