If you or someone you know is 70 years old or over, we can visit and make your home - or their home - as safe as possible.
A visit can provide peace of mind and help people to stay independent and living in their own homes for longer.
Top tips for older people
- Take steps to avoid slips trips and falls
- Test smoke alarms regularly – they will give you the best chance of escaping safely if you have a fire.
- Request a review of your prescriptions from your pharmacy or GP – especially if you are on five or more medicines.
- Keep your kitchen clean and clutter free to reduce fire risk.
- Take extra care if you use emollient creams - keep well away from naked flames and wash fabrics daily at high temperature to remove emollients from clothing and bedding
Find more safety tips and learn what support is available to help you live more safely as an older person.
How do I book a visit for myself or someone else?
- Call our Safe and Well Visit team on 0800 923 7000 between 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Send us an email
- Fill out online form and we’ll aim to contact you within 10 working days
If requesting a visit for someone else, please speak to the person in the first instance to make sure they're happy for us to contact them. You may want to suggest they visit this website first for further information, or they may want to contact us themselves.
If you're a carer for someone and you would like to book them in for a visit, please call us or apply online, including your contact details as well as the person you care for - we will contact you first.
Who will come to my house for the visit?
Meet the team who'll be visiting you.
Our staff will always carry official identification. Feel free to contact us to check they are a genuine employee of Kent Fire and Rescue Service.