If you have physical or mental health conditions, including challenges with mobility, hearing or eyesight, or you need support due to drug or alcohol dependency, we can help you with safety in your home.
- Request a regular review of your medication from your pharmacist or GP – especially if you are on five or more prescriptions.
- Visit the ONE YOU websitefor useful tips on staying well and where to get support.
- Keep warm in the winter
- An uncluttered home can help reduce slip, trips and falls - Too much clutter can add to confusion. It can also present trip hazards and potential fire hazards.
- If you have oxygen aid - never use your oxygen near a naked flame. This includes all forms of smoking and e-cigarettes, gas and electric cookers.
You can get more safety tips and support to help you live safely here.
How to book a FREE Safe and Well Visit:
- Call our Safe and Well Visit team on 0800 923 7000 during normal office hours
- Send an email
- FILL OUT OUR ONLINE FORM HERE and we’ll endeavour to contact you within 10 working days.
Our home safety officers or firefighters will visit your home at a time convenient for you, and together with you will tailor the visit to suit your needs and the type of property you live in. A typical free visit takes around 45 minutes and includes the fitting of free smoke alarms where necessary, as well as vital advice to help you stay safe and well.
How to refer someone else for a Safe and Well Visit:
If you have fire safety or other health concerns about anyone you know, you can make an enquiry to us – just click on the image above that reflects the person you may be thinking about to get advice on how they can stay safer – then if you think they need a visit give us a call or request a call back.
Before you make that enquiry, please speak to the person in the first instance to make sure they're happy for us to contact them to arrange a visit in their home. You may want to suggest they visit our site first for further information, or they may want to contact us themselves.
If you're a carer for someone and you would like to book them in for a visit:
Please call us in the first instance on 0800 923 7000, or complete this form and we’ll endeavour to contact you within 10 working days.
Partner agency referrals
If you are a partner agency making a referral for someone else, find out more here and complete the agency referral form.
Meet the team who'll be visiting you and your home
Please note: our staff always carry official identification and you can contact us to check that they are a genuine employee of Kent Fire and Rescue Service.