Top tips for people with a long-term health condition
- Request a regular review of your medication from your pharmacist or GP – especially if you are on five or more prescription
- Take extra care if you use emollient creams - keep well away from naked flames or other hear sources and wash fabrics daily at high temperature to remove emollients from clothing and bedding. Both paraffin and non-paraffin emollients can act as an accelerant.
- Keep warm in the winter
- An uncluttered home can help reduce slip, trips and falls - Too much clutter can add to confusion. It can also present trip hazards and potential fire hazards
- If you have oxygen aid - never use your oxygen near a naked flame. This includes all forms of smoking and e-cigarettes, gas and electric cookers
Find more safety tips and learn about the support available to help you live safely.
How do I book a visit for myself or someone else?
- Call our Safe and Well Visit team on 0800 923 7000 between 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Send us an email
- Fill out online form and we’ll aim to contact you within 10 working days
If requesting a visit for someone else, please speak to the person in the first instance to make sure they're happy for us to contact them. You may want to suggest they visit this website first for further information, or they may want to contact us themselves.
If you're a carer for someone and you would like to book them in for a visit, please call us or apply online, including your contact details as well as the person you care for - we will contact you first.
Who will come to my house for the visit?
Our staff will always carry official identification. Feel free to contact us
to check they are a genuine employee of Kent Fire and Rescue Service.