Topics in secondary schools are wide and varied, from a general recap of basic fire safety to sessions around antisocial behaviour, arson and road safety from a passenger point of view. We are looking to pass on educational messages aimed at keeping young people safe, with the added messaging around criminal responsibility. These important talks focus on the impact of choices and consequences for young people, incorporating strategies on how to stay safe and out of trouble.
School visits for years 7-11
The three talks we have available are usually delivered in years 8, 10 and 11, with a focus on year 11 in the first term of the year to ensure we don’t interrupt once exams are happening. Talks are delivered by our experienced team and working with the school can be delivered on the same day, taking between 50-60 minutes each.
What to expect
- Age appropriate messaging to cover the topic and ensure understanding
- Sessions delivered in an assembly style setting to promote further discussion amongst peers
- Knowledgeable officers able to provide clarity on points that arise during the session
What not to expect
- Fire demonstrations at school
- Session timings to be shortened beyond reason, as this could lead to confusion of the messaging or elements being missed
- Officers to arrive with a fire engine