Do you know someone who needs extra help to keep safe from fire?
Simple things like looking out for the danger signs next time you visit friends, neighbours or relatives and getting free advice from Kent Fire and Rescue Service could help keep them safe from fire.
You could help save a life!
Just three breaths of fire smoke can be life-threatening. Sadly, older people, those with mobility or health issues are most likely to be injured or die if they have a fire at home.
What makes them more at risk?
- no working smoke alarms, or having them fitted in the wrong place
- clutter blocking escape routes
- they find it hard to get around
- they are hard of hearing or have failing eyesight
- possible dementia or other health issue
- taking medication
- lifestyle choices (smoking/alcohol)
Keep them protected and make sure they get the advice and support they need – getting peace of mind for them and you
- free help and equipment to help keep them safe
- talk to us about how we can help them remain independent in their own homes
- top tips on preventing a fire
How can Kent Fire and Rescue Service help you or your friend, loved one or neighbour?
- free home safety visit
- provide smoke alarms for visually and hearing impaired people
- fire proof bedding and fire retardant covers
- safety gadgets, such as cooker switches for those who may forget to turn the cooker off.
For carers we offer free fire safety advice
If you're concerned about someone you know or you are a carer looking for fire safety support, our friendly home safety advisors are just a phone call away. Call us for free - 0800 923 7000 or email email@example.com
Your phone call may save their life!