Cooker destroyed by fire in Dover
A home in Mayfield Avenue, Dover, with no smoke alarm fitted was damaged by smoke following a fire which destroyed a cooker in a basement kitchen.
Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and fought the fire with a hose reel jet, before using a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear smoke from the property and check for remaining hotspots using a thermal imaging camera.
There are no reports of any injuries and the cause is thought to have been accidental.
Fire crews carried out a home safety visit, fitting smoke alarms in the property and reassured neighbours before leaving the scene.