Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a garden hedge fire on Loose Road in Maidstone. One fire engine was sent to the scene and crews arrived to find a hedge and small amount of undergrowth alight. Firefighters used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire. No casualties were reported, and the fire is believed to have started accidentally after embers spread from a nearby bonfire.
Following the incident, crews are reminding the public to take extra care if you choose to light a bonfire. Never leave them unattended, and always ensure they are fully cooled after use - we recommend dampening it down fully with water, to ensure the fire is completely out once you've finished with it.