Living room fire - Great Chart
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a fire in a living room of a detached property in Ashford Road. On arrival crews discovered a fire that started following a fault on an LPG lance used to ignite a domestic fire in a fireplace. The occupier made attempts to extinguish the fire. Crews used breathing apparatus, fire extinguisher, hose reel jet and positive pressure ventilation fan to extinguish the fire and to ventilate the property. The cause of the fire was accidental / fault with LPG Lance. Crews gave the occupiers home safety advice and fitted two smoke alarms in the property.
Little Friars, Ashford Road