Firefighters were called to a property in Tonbridge Road, Maidstone this evening after the occupiers smelt burning. Crews wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire with a dry powder extinguisher. The fire is believed to have started accidentally in an electrical consumer unit located on the ground floor of the house. They then used a thermal imaging camera to check for hot spots and ventilated the property using a special fan, to clear smoke and fumes.
The fire was out by 8.32pm and crews left the scene just before 9.15pm.