Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of an electrical fire at a flat in Crabble Hill, Dover.
Four fire engines were sent to the scene and crews wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the blaze using hose reel jets.
No casualties were reported.
It’s believed the fire was caused accidentally after an electrical charger was left plugged in and overheated.
Following the incident, crews are urging people to follow these simple safety tips to help prevent these types of fires:
- Avoid charging electrical items or batteries overnight, and unplug them when you leave your home.
- When charging batteries and devices, place them on a non-flammable surface in a room with a smoke detector.
- Follow the manufactures’ charging guidelines and use recognised and recommended chargers and charging leads.