Kitchen fire in Rochester
A fire within a kitchen extractor fan was discovered by the resident of a property on Glamford Road, Rochester thanks to the activation of their smoke alarm.
On arrival at the scene, crews faced smoke issuing from the ground floor. Entering the building wearing breathing apparatus, crews contained the fire to the kitchen and put the fire out using a hose reel.
Crews are reiterating the importance of having and testing smoke alarms. More information can be found here: https://www.kent.fire-uk.org/your-safety/home-safety/smoke-alarms/