Electrical fire in Whitstable
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to an electrical fire at a house in Walmer Road, Whitstable.
Two fire engines attended and crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the flames, before using a high pressure fan to clear the property of smoke. No casualties were reported.
The blaze broke out in the property’s utility room after it’s believed battery-powered tools overheated while on charge and caught alight.
Following the incident, firefighters are reminding residents to take care when using extension leads or multi-plug adapters and to reduce to risk of overheating them, which could lead to a fire, by never plugging in appliances that together use more than 13 amps or 3,000 watts of energy.