Kitchen fire in Tunbridge Wells
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a fire in a kitchen on Laurel Road, Tunbridge Wells. Crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to put out the fire and a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke away.
Following this incident firefighters are urging people to:
- Avoid storing or placing household items on your cooker or stove
- Keep your cooker, grill, and oven clean to avoid a build-up of grease and fat that could start a fire
- Keep children and pets well away from your cooking area
- Fit a working smoke alarm on each floor of your home and test it weekly to ensure it provides early warning in the event of a fire.
More information here: www.kent.fire-uk.org/your-safety/home-safety/a-z-of-safety-what-are-the-risks/kitchen-safety/