Chip pan fire damages kitchen - Rochester
Firefighters were called to reports of smoke issuing from a ground floor flat in Cormorant Close, Rochester. Upon arrival, they discovered a chip pan on the hob which had caught alight, with flames spreading to the cooker and surrounding kitchen furniture.
Crews wearing breathing apparatus used a high-pressure hose reel jet to extinguish the flames and cool the rest of the room to prevent further fire spread. A positive pressure ventilation fan was then used to drive smoke and fumes from the property.
There are no reports of any injuries and the cause of the fire is thought to be accidental.