Fire in Maidstone house
Firefighters were called to a property in Tonbridge Road, Maidstone this evening after the occupiers smelt burning. Crews wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire with a dry powder extinguisher. The fire is believed to have started accidentally in an electrical consumer unit located on the ground floor of the house. They then used a thermal imaging camera to check for hot spots and ventilated the property using a special fan, to clear smoke and fumes.
The fire was out by 8.32pm and crews left the scene just before 9.15pm.
Start date and time
Stop date and time
Hose reel jet,Breathing apparatus,Positive pressure ventilation fan
- Electrical safety engineer (UK Power Networks)