Dishwasher Fire - Rochester
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a kitchen fire in a house in Goddington Road. On arrival crews were faced with a dishwasher alight in the kitchen on the ground floor of a three storey house. Crews used breathing apparatus and a PPV to extinguish the fire. A kitten was rescued from the property and was revived by the owner. The kitchen was 40% destroyed by fire and the remainder of the family home suffered smoke damage. The British Red Cross Volunteer Service assisted the family with guidance.