Firefighters from Kent Fire and Rescue attended a fire at a flat in St Peter’s Road, Whitstable. On arrival, firefighters forced access to the property and entered the flat wearing breathing apparatus where they located a fire in a bedroom. The fire was extinguished using a hose reel whilst a powered fan was used to clear smoke and fumes from the property. The fire damage was contained to the bedroom but smoke damaged the rest of the flat and two neighbouring properties. The fire is believed to have started in a battery that was being charged.