Student accommodation kitchen fire - Canterbury
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a fire in a kitchen in student accommodation in Giles Lane. On arrival crews found a large kitchen well alight. All occupants had already evacuated the four storey property prior to the arrival of KFRS. Crews used breathing apparatus, main jet and hose reel jet to tackle the fire that was confined to the kitchen which was on the first floor. The kitchen is now unusable after suffering extensive fire damage. Firefighters gave students home fire safety advice about leaving cooking unattended. The cause of the fire was accidental.
Special and Support vehicles