Overheated battery sparks fire in Whitstable
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a fire at a bungalow in Virgina Road, Whitstable.
Two fire engines attended and crews wearing breathing apparatus put out the flames with a hose reel jet, before using a high pressured fan to clear the room of smoke.
It’s believed the fire started accidentally when the battery of a hand-held power tool, which was stored in the property’s conservatory, overheated and caught alight. No casualties were reported.