Supermarket sign catches fire in Canterbury
Kent Fire and Rescue Service responded to reports of a supermarket sign catching fire on Kingsmead Road on the outskirts of Canterbury. Crews arrived in under five minutes during rush hour traffic to find the large illuminated sign of Sainsbury's on fire. Staff at the supermarket had already swiftly and safely evacuated the store of customers and staff. Crews gained access to the flat roof where the free standing sign was located and extinguished the fire using a hose reel jet. The fire was caused by an electrical fault. Nobody was injured during the incident. Crews also used a thermal imaging camera to check the building was safe to reopen.