House fire in Langley, Maidstone
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a fire at a house in New Road, in Langley, Maidstone.
Three fire engines were sent to the scene and crews wearing breathing apparatus used hose reel jets and main jets to extinguish the flames.
One person was passed into the care of SECAmb for suspected smoke inhalation.
It’s believed the fire started accidentally when a match was disposed of while still hot and caused the bin to catch alight.
Following the incident, crews are reminding people not to place hot objects such a matches or lighters in household or external bins, and to make sure they have fully cooled before doing so.
Location of incident
New Road, Langley, Maidstone