Kent Fire and Rescue Service is reminding the public to take extra care with barbecues following a shed fire in Dartford.
Two fire engines were sent to the incident on Riverside Wharf, and crews used hose reel jets to extinguish the blaze. One casualty suffered minor burns and was passed into the care of South East Coast Ambulance. The fire is believed to have started accidentally after spreading from a nearby barbecue.
Firefighters are reminding everyone who plans to have a barbecue to always take extra precautions, and to light them well away from any sheds, property, foliage and fences. You should also never leave them unattended, and ensure it is in good working order before use.