Candles spark fire in Gravesend property
Kent Fire and Rescue Service is reminding the public to take extra care with candles following a small fire in a Gravesend home. Two fire engines were sent to the scene on Ingoldsby Road, and crews arrived to fire in the property's kitchen. Firefighters used a hose reel jet to extinguish the flames, before clearing the building of smoke with a high pressure fan.
No casualties were reported, and the fire is believed to have started accidentally after some tea light candles were left unattended. Following the incident, crews are urging everyone to take extra care with any type of candle, and to always blow them out if you need to leave the room. You should also always keep them in a sturdy, non-flammable candle holder, and make sure you have at least one working smoke alarm on each level of your home.