Volunteer Support – Resources
Kent Fire and Rescue Service volunteers give their time, skills and knowledge to help create a safer future for Kent and Medway. Together we are all one team and, with our volunteers acting as our ambassadors, we’re helping to make a difference to people’s lives – whoever they are. If you enjoy contributing, being there for other people and want to be part of something that matters, consider volunteering with KFRS.
Purpose of role
When our volunteers attend community events it is important they have all the resources they need to provide safety advice and information. This volunteer role is responsible for managing and maintaining resources, and ensuring they are available for volunteers to take to events when required.
Context of role
Volunteers who undertake this role will form a small independent team liaising with KFRS Event Officers and other teams to ensure that volunteers have access to appropriate resources and activity toolkits to carry out their engagement activities.
- To set up and maintain an event resource storage area at a key Service location.
- To ensure supplies of materials such as banners, leaflets, giveaways are available and prepared ready for collection and return by volunteers.
- To maintain an inventory of resources.
- To order and replenish resources as required.
- To identify and report any defects.
- Occasional collection and delivery of resources across sites
Skills and qualities sought
- You should be reliable, trustworthy and able to behave in a professional way.
- Enjoy working as part of a team and follow our Volunteer Code of Ethical Conduct.
- Have the ability and willingness to volunteer within set processes and expectations.
- You will need to be organised, with a structured and tidy approach to storage.
- Have good attention to detail and be able to provide the right resources promptly.
- Be able to accurately keep an inventory.
- Be sufficiently computer literate in order to undertake on-line ordering and liaising with volunteers and other teams by email.
- Able to drive
Other non-specialist opportunities to volunteer may be offered alongside this role for example:
- Supporting Service events like open days with visitor/customer engagement.
- Supporting KFRS and partner events including welcoming attendees.
- Casualty role playing at Service exercises
Volunteers are however under no obligation to accept these additional roles.
Support and training
KFRS encourages and welcomes our volunteers, so everyone feels part of the wider team.
We will provide:
- A full induction and introduction to KFRS.
- Training to enable you to undertake this role.
- Regular feedback and support.
- A volunteer handbook to explain all of our volunteer processes
A trial period of three months in this role will begin on completion of training and induction. A review meeting will take place at the end of this time to discuss suitability of the role and volunteering at KFRS or to determine an alternative option.
Resource hubs will be set up in locations across Kent and Medway. These include:
Rochester, Maidstone, Ashford, Sevenoaks and Ramsgate.
Approximately four hours per week, however hours are flexible and will depend on the number of events that are running.
You will be reimbursed for agreed travel and out of pocket expenses.
How to apply
This role is not currently available to apply for - sorry.