Bedroom fire in flat - Dover
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a fire in a third floor flat on Folkestone Road. On arrival crews discovered a male occupant suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke, not thought to be life threatening. The man, in his 50s, was taken to hospital by paramedics. He also had a small burn to his knee. Firefighters used breathing apparatus and a hose reel to tackle the fire in a bedroom. It is believed to have started by an electric blanket that was used to warm the bed. The owner returned to the bedroom to find the bed on fire. The bedroom suffered extensive fire and smoke damage.