Mirror sparks bedroom fire in Whitstable
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a bedroom fire in Kingsdown Park, Whitstable.
Two fire engines attended and crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the flames. No casualties were reported.
It’s believed the fire was caused accidentally after sunlight reflected from a mirror onto curtains which caught alight. The flames then spread to the carpet.
Following the incident, crews are advising the public to ensure all mirrors and reflective objects such as crystal and glass ornaments, are kept out of direct sunlight, to reduce the risk of a fire.