Bedroom fire in Gravesend home
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to Napier Road in Northfleet, Gravesend, to reports of a house fire. Three fire engines attended and crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the blaze in a rear bedroom.
The fire is believed to have started after an extension lead overheated and caught fire to nearby bedding. While the bedroom was destroyed, the door was closed which contained the fire and prevented damage to the rest of the property.
The occupant was outside on arrival having been alerted to the fire by his smoke alarm. There were no reported injuries.