Waste fire outside Gillingham home
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to Trafalgar Street in Gillingham following reports of rubbish alight in the front garden of a property. Two fire engines attended and crews used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire, which had melted a window frame and a gas main. A high pressure fan was used to clear the house of smoke, and the gas board attended to tend to the gas main. Two adults and two children were checked over by SECAmb paramedics for the effects smoke inhalation as a precaution. The cause is believed to be accidental.