Horse box fire in Canterbury
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a horse box and trailer alight in Well Lane, Canterbury.
Three fire engines attended and crews wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the flames with hose reel jets and drag rakes.
The blaze was caused by embers from a nearby bonfire that spread to the horse box and trailer, which were empty at the time of the incident.
There were no casualties.
If lighting a bonfire, you can follow these simple safety tips to reduce the risk of an emergency:
- Build your bonfire well clear of buildings, garden sheds, outdoor structures, fences, hedges and over handing branches.
- Keep bonfires to a manageable size and evenly built, so they collapse inwards as they burn.
- Never leave burning bonfires unattended.
- Make sure the fire is out before leaving.