Fire in a flat in Chatham
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to High Street, Chatham, to reports of a fire in a flat. Four fire engines attended and crews wearing breathing apparatus put the fire out using a hose reel jet, and cleared the property of smoke using a high pressure fan.
A passer-by was treated for smoke inhalation by SECAmb paramedics, and sadly a dog died at the scene. The fire is believed to have started accidentally, due to an electrical fault.
Location of incident
High Street, Chatham, Kent, ME4