Grill pan leads to kitchen fire
Firefighters are urging residents to take extra care when cooking after attending a kitchen fire at a house in Peter Candler Way, Ashford. Crews were called after an unattended grill pan containing fat ignited, spreading to the cooker. Crews wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze using a hose reel jet. The cooker was severely damaged by fire and the kitchen was smoke-logged. Fortunately, the occupants were alerted to the blaze by a working smoke alarm in the property.