Domestic property fire in Dartford
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a flat fire on Mitchell Close in Dartford. Three fire engines were sent to the scene and crews arrived to smoke and flames issuing from the second floor of the building. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a main jet and hose reel jet to tackle the blaze before clearing smoke from the property with a high pressure fan.
Two occupants were outside on arrival and passed into the care of South East Coast Ambulance (SECAmb) paramedics for minor smoke inhalation. The fire is believed to have started accidentally due to an electrical fault.