Tumble dryer Fire - Larkfield
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to tumble dryer fire at a property on Keats Road. On arrival crews discovered a tumble dryer well alight in the utility room of the house. Firefighters used breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and PPV to extinguish the fire and to ventilate the property. The utility room was 60% destroyed by fire and the rest of the property suffered smoke damage. Crews fitted two smoke alarms to the property and gave fire safety advice to the occupants. The fire was accidental and is believed to have started through an electrical fault or by a build up of dust or fluff in the tumble dryer.