Conservatory fire in Herne Bay
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a conservatory alight on Bristol Close in Herne Bay. Two fire engines were sent to the scene and crews used hose reel jets to extinguish the blaze. No casualties were reported, and the fire is believed to have started accidentally due to discarded smoking materials.
Following the incident, crews are reminding the public to always double check that your cigarette, cigar and other smoking materials are fully out before disposing of them safely.