Kitchen fire in Canterbury
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a kitchen fire at a house in St Dunstan’s Terrace, Canterbury.
One fire engine attended and crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the flames.
No casualties were reported.
It’s believed the fire started when an electrical kettle was accidentally left on an ignited hob, which caused it to catch alight.
Following the incident, crews are reminding people to always keep hobs clear of any household items that could catch fire, such as washing baskets, tea towels, clothing or appliances.
You should also keep your cooker, grill and oven clean to avoid a build-up of grease and fat that could start a fire, and fit at least one working smoke alarm on each floor of your home.
Location of incident
St Dunstan’s Terrace, Canterbury