Canterbury flat fire
Firefighters were called to a fire in a top floor flat this evening. They arrived at the property within three minutes of receiving the 999 call and crews wearing breathing apparatus forced entry into the property. They rescued a man, thought to be in his early 40's and extinguished the fire with a hose reel. A special fan was then used to ventilate the smoke and fumes. The man has been taken to hospital by ambulance suffering from smoke inhalation.
Start date and time
Stop date and time
Hose reel jet,Breathing apparatus,Positive pressure ventilation fan
- Kent Police
- South East Coast Ambulance Service (SECAmb)
- Local authority officer