Fire in take away food premises - Whitstable
Firefighters were called to reports of black smoke issuing from a property in Harbour Street, Whitstable. Two fire engines were sent initially, but due to the number of calls received from the public, this was quickly increased to three.
Crews wearing breathing apparatus entered the building, found and extinguished a small fire in a deep fat fryer using a high-pressure hose reel jet. A large fan was then deployed to clear smoke and fumes from the property.
There are no reports of any injuries and the cause of the fire is thought to be accidental.